Sunday, August 23, 2009

Live. Love. Pray. But why?

Hello friends!
I thought it would be great to keep in contact through a communal blog where we can talk about what’s going on in our lives, share pictures, video clips (laura, I thought of the videos you took of a few of us) and whatever.

I titled this blog Live.Love.Pray because I thought it would be a good way to share with each other about our lives, to encourage each other in any way we choose…with a joke, or funny story, with kind words, or even with just talking about what God is doing in our lives, and finally to pray for each other.

I really want everyone involved to post whatever is on their minds, whenever you want. Even if it seems completely random and crazy. Maybe you saw a bird do a figure eight in the air today and wanted to tell someone. Maybe you wanted to take a picture of the Eifel Tower because you happened to wake up in France one day. Whatev. It’s all good. I love you girls and thank God for you everyday. Blessings!
-Cara

2 comments:

  1. THe major thing that is on my mind is "the Shack." Have any of you read it? I enjoyed the book because it helped me get out of the box that I crammed God into. I got it in Feb after 3 different People that I know are good Catholics mentioned it. Recently, however, I have read/listened to a few articles that have brought out disagreements with Christianity doctrine,etc. I am ashamed for a number of reasons: 1 that I didnt listen to the red flags that went up a few times. 2 that I encouraged others to read it and potentially be misled. 3 that no one else who read it had a problem with it until now (or at least voiced it to me)
    My grandma mentioned that there was some questions and she wondered what the Church's teaching on it was. i kinda blow it off thinking "well she's old fashioned and doesn't want to think of God as a Big, Black woman." But that wasn't it at all.
    Anyway thanks to ALex Robbins, I did some recearch and would ask that if any of you are reading it (or planning to) to do so with open mind on some things but not to compromise what you know is true.
    That is what I mentioned to those that I know read it. The fact that I read it with a strong Catholic CHristian perspective.
    FInally and totally not related- I saw no big bird doing figure eights, but I am going to a mini-family reunion today. My grandma from FL (who's husband dies in May) is up visiting and her cousin, brother, sons and nephews and granddaughter (me) will be there to celebrate together. Celebrate what you may ask- LIFE, LOVE, Faith (PRAY) because we can and it's so rewarding to understand different people.

    ReplyDelete